ProRes is the codec of choice among many video professionals. Luckily, Padded ProRes Files allow insert-edit, which eliminates the hassle and expense of having to re-export entire files for small changes.
There are two workflows that let you create a ProRes Pad file and both are absolutely free!
- Plugins for various NLEs, include Cinedeck created plugins for Avid MC and Premiere.
- A free rewrap utility that lets your batch process your Standard ProRes to Padded ProRes and vice versa.
Which NLEs support exporting an “insertable” ProRes file?
- Avid Media Composer – AMA plugin through Cinedeck
- Adobe Premiere (Media Encoder) – Plugin through Cinedeck
- Autodesk Flame and Smoke – available in the 2018 release
- DaVinci Resolve – v.14 and greater
- FilmLight Baselight v.5 and greater
Save time by batch processing your ProRes files to prepare them for video insert edits with our watchfolder-based ProRes PAD Workflow Rewrap Tool.